Jason Hardebeck, founder of WhoGlue [which he sold to Facebook for an undisclosed amount] and now Executive Director for the Greater Baltimore Tech Council (gb.tc), will be speaking to student entrepreneurs and techies on Monday afternoon.
Commons 331, Noon - 1pm
If you guys are interested in getting to hear an amazing story about entrepreneurship, failure, success, and what it takes to make it you don't want to miss his story.
He will also be sticking around for the Fall 2013 Idea Competition and so should you.
Commons Sportzone, 7:00 pm - 9:00pm
Finalists and topics include:
- MARKUS PROCTOR – BrainCAD: BRAIN POWERED COMPUTER AIDED DESIGN
- EMILY SCHULTHEIS – 3D PRINTING MADE ACCESSIBLE TO ALL UMBC STUDENTS
- PERRY OGWUCHE – HACKATHON IDEA
- JENNIFER LASBURY – PROJECT SPEAKedu
- MOHAMMED DANISH AKBAR – INSTARIDE: CARPOOLING MADE EASY
- TITUS JONES – CHATSEATS: CREATING CONVERSATIONS IN EVERY DAY LIFE
- KRYAN RICHARDSON, PERCY ADDO – INSOURCE
- ABDULHADI AL RUWAITHI – SJ HELMET
- NEIL AGARWAL – WASTE HEAT DRIVEN ETHANOL DISTILLATION
- CODY KENLAK – DYNAMIK BEATZ
It's a great time to meet some of the most energetic student entrepreneurs on campus. You never know where these students will end up and it's a fun chance to get to hear some innovative ideas.
Not to mention, your vote counts when it comes to deciding the winner. The winner/winning team will receive $750 in cash!
Tell us your thoughts of the event and how excited you are about it, #GotIdeas