I am excited to announce the launch of a new Rex Finance (NOTE: formerly T-Rex) report for the financial administration of state and auxiliary funded departments.
The new report addresses many of the requests received over the last few years for improvements. More specifically, it provides information similar to the prior report, but with added drill-down capabilities, in a new user-friendly view.
· The report defaults to your home department
· Revenue and Expense activity are now separated on two different pages.
· Positive and Negative transactions are now color-coded to help clarify when money is coming in and when money is going out.
· Budget changes are shown in blue and are now drillable
· Open Encumbrances are now drillable
· Report easily exports to Excel (major improvements here versus the initial version which added multiple “blank” and/or “duplicate” rows and cells.)
· State supported funds have the option to see financial activity without “Reimbursed Fringe Benefits”
· Below is a short video demonstrating the new report and its features.
Department Summary Analysis Walk-Through
Access the Department Summary Analysis here.
[Remember to put “ad\” before your myUMBC user id … ad\johndoe]
(For best results, open the report in a browser other than Google Chrome)
Additional improvements coming in fiscal year 2017 include the loading of all funds into Rex Finance and drill down capabilities for payroll transactions. We will share additional information as this project is completed.
Jared Fincke (Project Manager)