Digital Entertainment Conference
umbcWorks jobs networking connections speakers conference
DEC - Digital Entertainment Conference Details!!
- Michelle Menard. Game Design, Art, Music, you name she's done it. From Indie to AAA games, she's a winner of several awards including Co-Winner of the 2008 SCAD Best Thesis Award!http://portfolio.artemic.com/index.htm
- Josh Kermond of Big Huge Games fame. Currently Lead Producer, he has also worked at Zynga and Kongregate! A talented scenario designer , he was integral to the success of the design team on Rise of Legends and Age of Empires III. https://www.linkedin.com/in/kermond
- Barry Caudill. Specializing in Quality Assurance, Game Design
and Sound and Music. Started as a QA Tester at Microprose and is now Director of Gameplay Development at Firaxis Games. Need we say more?https://www.linkedin.com/pub/barry-caudill/0/753/623
- Tom Symmonds of Firaxis, Oxide, Stardock, Mohawk Games! An artist for Firaxis for 9 years, he specializes in 3d modelling, but also does concept art and animating. Started at Firaxis games in 2003 as an Intern on Sid meier's Pirates and rose to become an Art Director of a game for Firaxis! http://tomsymonds.deviantart.com/
- Ben Walsh, last but not least! Currently runs Pure Bang Games and Gamescape (of Artscape), both of which he founded! Has background in Bethesda Softworks and Big Huge Games, co-founder of Innovate Baltimore, he Gets It Done! https://www.linkedin.com/in/benjaminwalsh
The event will be catered by Daniela's Pasta and Pastries! Great italian food, and if you can't eat gluten, we'll be supplying a gluten free pasta!http://www.danielaristorante.com/
May 2nd, 2015, from 11PM - 5PM. Speakers will have 1 hour, a 45 minute presentation plus 15 minutes for questions. Lunch will be from 1PM to 2PM.
ROOM 331 In the Commons. If you enter the building and take the elevator to the top floor, it's the room directly at the end of the hall.
This room can hold at LEAST 36 people, so please tell anyone with the slightest interest to come!! We'll be campaigning for students from various other highschools and universities to join the event, and make sure you stop by yourself and tell your friends! Don't miss this amazing opportunity to learn from the best, and network with them as well!!