October is Relationship Violence Awareness Month (RVAM). Attached to this post is a copy of the 2017 RVAM event flyer.
- Clothesline Project t-shirt making is available all of October in the Women's Center. For more details on the Clothesline Project, visit the Women's Center myUMBC page.
- Supporting Survivors of Sexual Violence: Cultivating a Survivor-Responsive Campus Workshop for students on Wednesday, October 4th from 4-5:15 PM in the Women's Center. Students can RSVP here. A faculty and staff version of the same workshop will be held on Wednesday, October 11th from 10-11:15 AM in the Women's Center. RSVP here
- Responsible Employee and/or Campus Security Authority Reporting Training on Tuesday, October 17th from 12-1 PM in Commons 318. For more information.
- Just Ask! on Monday, October 30th at 4:30 PM in Commons (Skylight Room). For more information.
If you or someone you know is experiencing relationship violence and would like to seek support, there are many campus resources available to you.
- For confidential reporting: UMBC’s Counseling Center, 410-455-2472
- For quasi-confidential reporting: The Women’s Center, 410-455-2714
- UMBC’s Title IX Coordinator is Bobbie Hoye, 410-455-1606