The University of Michigan’s Summer Enrichment Program in Health Management & Policy (UM SEP) provides students an opportunity to learn from administrators and policy makers in the health care field, under their direct supervision. In its 33rd consecutive year, the program now has over 650 alumni, with notable positions in hospital administration, government, policy, consulting, higher education, and research. Our program evaluations are consistently in the 95th percentile and higher. We are confident that through this experiential program, students will become familiar with health management and policy and consider it as a career option.
Program Dates: May 30 - July 27, 2018
- Stipend: The tax-free stipend of $3,000 is paid in three parts: at the beginning, middle, and end of the summer.
- Transportation: The UM SEP pays for students' round-trip travel from their home or school to Ann Arbor. The program also provides rental cars (and their fuel costs) for students to carpool to and from their internship sites every weekday.
- Housing: UM SEP students live together in a University of Michigan Residence Hall for the duration of the program. A Resident Assistant, typically a former SEP student who is entering the Health Management and Policy master's degree program at Michigan, provides professional, social, and emotional support.
- Food: Students receive $250 towards the cost of on-campus food during the program. Because of their work schedules, UM SEP participants cannot often eat in the dining halls on campus, but many nearby restaurants accept the provided "BlueBucks."
- GRE Course: The UM SEP provides a GRE course from Kaplan or Princeton Review taught just for UM SEP participants on Sundays throughout the summer. The program also pays for course materials.
*Note: These are merely suggestions. If you feel this opportunity is right for you then we encourage you to apply.
- Any and all related fields
Deadline: JANUARY 19, 2018 @ 11:59 EST
If you have any questions about finding summer research or you need assistance with you application, please contact Dr. April Householder, firstname.lastname@example.org.