Want to have a say in what happens on-campus? Looking for an opportunity to develop your leadership skills? Consider running for UMBC's Student Government Association (SGA)!
Applications are due by Monday, March 27th at noon, and you can apply here: https://docs.google.com/a/umbc.edu/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeC-oOmbNVYy0baHbn0hForVmoTZnVQpbHBtxUL88TmbiNAEg/viewform?c=0&w=1
For more details, check out the information below and the attached document!
- All office positions require at least a 2.25 cumulative GPA and it must be maintained while in office
- Those running for President, Executive Vice President, Treasurer, and Vice President for Student Organizations must have at least a cumulative 2.5 GPA, and it must be maintained while in office
- Several positions have weekly meetings that necessary to attend
- President/Vice President: Primary voices of SGA and they work with other members on initiatives to improve the UMBC experience
- Vice President for Student Organizations: Advocates for the needs and well being of student organizations on campus
- Treasurer: Handles financial operations/processes for student organizations
- Senator: Discusses current issues with other senators and works to develop initiatives to address them
- Finance Board Representative: Allocates funds to student organizations