Faculty X,Y seminar
Professors' expectations shouldn't be a mystery for students
A panel of faculty members who will talk about mentorship, research and the importance of a good, healthy, and proactive communication with their mentees. "When Faculty Says "X" they mean.." it's part of our annual professional development seminars for Graduate Students at UMBC.
To participate in this event click on the following link, and post your questions/comments in the comments sections of that page:
- Dr. Sarah Chard, Associate Professor of Anthropology at UMBC, Department of Sociology, Anthropology, and Health Administration and Policy.
- Dr. L. Michael Hayden, Chair, and Professor of Physics at UMBC, Department of Physics.
- Dr. Christopher Murphy, Chair, and Professor of Psychology at UMBC, Department of Psychology.
- Dr. J. Alan Yeakley, Chair, and Professor of Geography and Environmental Systems at UMBC, Department of Geography and Environmental Systems.
- Dr. Renetta Tull – Online Moderator. Dr. RenettaTull will moderate the discussion and will add commentary based on her experience as a former faculty member at University of Wisconsin-Madison, adjunct at College Park (http://hesp.umd.edu/facultyprofile/Tull/Renetta), and member of the program faculty groups for MSRP at MIT, and QoLT at Carnegie Mellon and University of Pittsburgh.Tull is the University System of Maryland (12 Institutions) Director of Graduate and Professional Pipeline Development, and Special Assistant to the Senior Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, http://www.usmd.edu/institutions/; at UMBC she is the Associate Vice Provost for Strategic Initiatives, Professor of the Practice, College of Engineering & IT.