* Have both a "hands-on" as well as a "minds-on" set of experiences, designed to immerse students in a variety of engaging ways in the research process and to begin the development of a research identity.
* Develop a strong understanding of interdisciplinary research
* Become part of a collaborative research community
* Receive $5,000 stipend, free housing (with three meals per day) on campus and travel support to/from Virginia Tech
* Have access to the library, computers, and recreational facilities
2013 Program dates: Tues May 28th - Fri Aug 2nd, 2013
Apply for the 2013 Program: http://www.uri.clahs.vt.edu/NSFREU/2013application.pdf
Applications are due by 5pm on January 25th, 2012.
For more information on summer research opportunities, go to http://umbc.edu/undergrad_ed/research/myMajorResearchOUE.html
and click on your major.
For help in getting started in research or scholarship in any field, go to http://www.umbc.edu/undergrad_ed/research/workshops.html