On Tuesday, September 12th UMBC is pleased to once again host the Maryland State Retirement Agency for the annual Pension Pre-Retirement Workshop. This all-day workshop will be held at UMBC's BW-Tech South Campus location from 8:30 am - 4:00 pm and is open to UMBC and State employees. The workshop will cover retiree pension options and planning, estate planning, retiree health benefits, Medicare, and social security. This is a very comprehensive workshop that fills up very quickly.
Registration is now open through CCBC who arranges the pension state wide seminars. To register for the UMBC location, please follow these instructions:
1. Visit CCBC website: http://www.ccbcmd.edu/ceed-preretirement-state
2. In the search bar, enter our course #73684
3. Click on the Plus (+) sign to add course
4. At the bottom right of the screen click on register
5. You will be asked to enter an existing login or 'create a new login'. If this is your first time registering click on 'create new'
Please note: If you have registered in the past and forget your user name or password you can register by phone at 443-840-5059 (please reference course #73684 and the seminar Date of 9/12 at UMBC).
This is only for employees enrolled in the Employees/Teachers Pension and is not for employees enrolled in the Optional Retirement Plan (ORP). ORP seminars are held annually in the Spring.