We recognize the challenges transfer students have in transitioning into a new culture, but also celebrate the unique experiences you bring to our academic community.
We encourage all transfer students to enroll in one of our TRS courses: these one or two-credit courses are designed to assist in the successful transition of transfer students from their previous college or university to UMBC.
Our classes focuses on developing and understanding the skills needed and the academic expectations to achieve success at an Honors University. The materials covered will complement the work that is being done in upper-level courses in the major, and it will contain academic material selected by the Department that has been identified as a barrier to the success of transfer students in that particular major.
Transfer Student Seminar are open to all students during their first year at UMBC.
- TRS 201 - 01: TRS in Computer Science
- TRS 201 - 03: TRS in Information Systems
- TRS 201 - 06: TRS in Shady Grove
- TRS 201 - 08: TRS in American Studies
- TRS 201 - 11: TRS in Genetics
- TRS 201 - 13: TRS in Modern Language & Linguistics
- TRS 201 - 14: TRS in Mechanical Engineering
- TRS 201 - 15: TRS in Chemical Engineering