Do you have an interest in Entrepreneurship?
Are you ready to intern within a Start-up this Fall?
If yes, apply to the Shattuck Family Internship Program for Entrepreneurship Innovation and Social Change. DEADLINE TO APPLY: FRIDAY, JULY 28TH
The Shattuck Family Internship Program for Entrepreneurship Innovation and Social Change prepares UMBC students for the rigors and rewards of entrepreneurship and social innovation. This program places highly-motivated students from diverse backgrounds in mentored internships to better prepare them to launch for-profit ventures.
Internships last one semester (15 weeks) and students will work, on average, 8 to 10 hours per week. Students receive a stipend of $1,500 toward their compensation. In addition to the internship, students engage in projects and activities that further expose them to the entrepreneurial mindset.
- Earn a competitive stipend of $1,500 plus an opportunity to potentially earn credit and obtain up to $5,000 for a scholarship or seed funding for a new venture
- Gain valuable experience in your career field by interning 120 hours over the course of the semester (8-10 hours per week)
- Be exposed to the knowledge, skills, and mindset required to successfully launch and manage a growing business
- Develop a network of contacts in the entrepreneurial community for future references and opportunities
- Apply classroom knowledge in a realistic work environment and apply lessons learned in the workplace to academic coursework
Interested students are asked to submit a Resume and a Cover Letter answering the following questions:
Discuss your interest in both entrepreneurship and this intern program. What has been your entrepreneurial involvement thus far such as coursework, seminars, etc. (if applicable)? What type of start-up would you like to intern for and why?
Credentials can be submitted via UMBCworks (position 9293227) or e-mailed to:
UMBC Career Center, UMBC
DEADLINE TO APPLY: FRIDAY, JULY 28TH