Saturday, May 5, 2012
Come out and join us at the annual PROMISE Maryland’s AGEP May “Friends and Family” Cookout and Celebration of Graduates. Graduate students and postdocs from UMBC, UM College Park, UMB, and other campuses within the University System of Maryland are invited. PROMISE students may bring guests … any family members or friends who have supported your journey in graduate school. PROMISE alumni, faculty, SSI Mentors-in-Residence, and “Friends of PROMISE” are invited to attend.
- The event is free. It will span from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM.
- The “Celebration of Grads Ceremony” will be held in the park at 3:00 PM.
- Attire: casual.
- Location: Cedar Lane Park (Cedar Lane Park Pavilion East) 10725 Route 108, Columbia, MarylandDirections: http://gis.howardcountymd.gov/mainsite/MapGallery/drivingdirections/07_CedarLaneParkEast.pdfNOTE: Our event is in *CEDAR LANE PARK EAST* (not Centennial Park which is nearby, and not Cedar Lane Park West, where we held the event last year.)Google Maps: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=10745+Route+108,+Columbia,+MD&hl=en&sll=39.171514,-76.794315&sspn=0.011595,0.019205&oq=10745+Route+108+c&hnear=10745+Maryland+108,+Columbia,+Howard,+Maryland+21042&t=m&z=16This is a smaller park, with basketball courts, a children’s playground, and a softball/baseball field. It has one pavilion, which is reserved for our event.
- All PROMISE grads (Master’s and Doctoral) will be celebrated! If you are graduating, please send email to email@example.com with the subject “Graduate!” so that you can be recognized.
The event is free, but please RSVP.
- RSVP: http://www.facebook.com/events/122247844566000/
- Please RSVP so that we can have an accurate order for food.
- You may use the Facebook site above which is open to the public, or RSVP as a comment to this post.
You may bring blankets, games, and other items to make your afternoon enjoyable. Food and beverages will be provided. Alcoholic beverages are not allowed.