Did you know? The Shriver Center is on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn! Stay up-to-date with everything we have to offer by following us on any (or all) of these platforms.
Are you interested in helping us manage these platforms?
This Fall, the Shriver Center is looking to hire a PAID Social Media Intern with strong knowledge and understanding of digital media, including various social media websites such as Facebook Page management, Twitter and LinkedIn group management. The intern will help create and implement the Center’s social media strategy, developing more on-campus awareness and generating increased traffic to the Center’s pages, group and feed. Additionally, the Social Media Intern will work to raise awareness of the Shriver Center 20th anniversary celebration ensuring a constant online brand image is presented.
• Implement the Shriver Center’s social media strategy, coordinating with relevant team members to ensure its effectiveness and encouraging adoption of relevant social media techniques into the culture of and across all Shriver Center services
• Serve as a lead in the 20th anniversary Social Media efforts center-wide
• Ensure all social media tools, including the Center’s Twitter feed, LinkedIn group, Facebook page and MyUMBC Groups page is consistently up to date by providing relevant information on applied learning opportunities, employers and professional development while engaging with the UMBC community
• Utilize the LinkedIn group as a platform to connect to alumni to promote the 20th anniversary
• Research, create and monitor benchmarks to ensure the Center’s social media strategy is impacting the right people at the right times
• Regularly provide feedback on the strategy to allow for the continuous evolution of social media trends
• Attend various Shriver Center events for documentation purposes and to “live Tweet”
• Participate in training and webinars to improve social media knowledge in a university and marketing setting.
• A passion for social media, technology, trends and innovation in the digital and social arenas
• Comprehensive knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, MyUMBC Groups, etc.
•Basic understanding of platform management tools such as HootSuite or Buffer
• Strong time management skills in order to allow for the timely updating of each social media platform
• An uncanny ability to convey important information clearly and concisely in 140 characters
• Ability to adapt on the fly and implement changes quickly and efficiently
• Good technical understanding with the ability to learn new tools quickly
• Ability to think forward in order to identify and implement emerging trends
This position is part time and will require an 10-15 hour per week commitment. An Intern will be able to work remotely and on his or her own time, with the exception of one pre-set meeting time per week that will occur at the Shriver Center with respect to the student’s class schedule. Attendance at a to-be-determined number of events will also be required, with schedule to be set well in advance and around class times. These events included but are not limited to The Shriver Center’s Lunch and Learn Series, Intern Conference, Career Fairs, UMBC Homecoming, and additional 20th anniversary events.
To apply please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by July 3 for best consideration!