Are you away from UMBC this summer? Do you want to share how you are spending your experience with the greater UMBC community?
Using the hashtag #UMBCIntern, share your best photos with us about your Summer internship, co-op, or research experience.
The contest is open to any currently enrolled student who is completing a Summer 2013 research, internship, or co-op experience at least part-time (minimum 10 hours a week).
- You must be enrolled at UMBC in Fall 2013.
- Winners will asked to verify experience if not currently enrolled in the Shriver Center Practicum Notation.
- We recommend your twitter account be public in order for pictures to be accessed.
- You must follow @UMBCShriverCtr
- Submit your photos via Twitter from July 8th: 9 AM through August 7th: 8 PM using the hashtag #UMBCIntern and the name of your placement site
- To be consider a valid entry you must be following @UMBCShriverCtr, include 1 picture in your tweet, and mention your placement site
- Only 1 entry (1 photo) will be accepted per day per twitter handle
- Only 3 entries per person per twitter handle will be accepted throughout the entire contest
- 2-3 students will be notified via email and Twitter Aug 8 or 9
- Below are some great types of shots you can take:
2) Find as many UMBC current students and alumni to be in the picture with you while at work
3) Show us a picture of your internship in action
4) Get creative. Take UMBC to work with you today and show your school pride at your internship.
Prizes and Selection of Winners:
Prizes for our contest include:
Featured as the UMBC Intern of the Week in the Fall, 1 UMBC Portfolio, and a Gift Card from Five Guys
The Shriver Center will randomly select two winners, who will be notified via Twitter DM by August 9th.
You must contact the Shriver Center with 48 hours of notification or the next alternate will be contacted.
Any pictures submitted may be shared across other social media platforms.
A picture being retweeted by the UMBC community or the general public does not increase your chance of winning or count as an additional entry.
This contest is not associated with Twitter.
Questions or concerns about this contest, should be addressed to Kate via firstname.lastname@example.org or left as a comment here.