Campus Shredding Services (6/13)
We will have a new campus-wide shredding program in place beginning August 1, 2014. It’s convenient, very affordable and easy to use. It can handle one-time projects or monthly services, or both—your choice.
Monthly Services: You select the right container for your department, (1) Console (looks like a piece of furniture), or (2) a Rolling Cart (looks like a large trash can on wheels with a slot in the top).
One-Time Projects: Materials will be picked-up for special purging projects (cleaning out files).
The great benefits include:
• The bins are locked.
• The vendor handles getting the paper from the office to the truck.
• Shredding is done on-site at the truck as each toter or cart is dumped into the truck.
• Each department will be billed individually for the shredding and will receive a certificate of destruction.
• The P-card can be used to pay for monthly or special services.
• The cost for the containers is included in the removal and disposal of documents.
• Pick-ups are scheduled monthly.
As UMBC makes strides to measure and track our recycling and shredding, the campus is encouraged to assist in this effort by using this special program we have in place. Annual volumes will be captured by Facilities Management for reporting purposes.
There will be an informational meeting held with All-Shred on Friday, June 13, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. in Administration Building, Room #711. Come join us.
Please feel free to contact Delores Pertee in Procurement Services at 5-3915 orDpertee@umbc.edu for more information.