Summer Horizons 2013 - Preparing for Graduate School
Learn about the graduate school application process on 7/10!
- Wednesday, July 10, 2013
- The program will begin at 9:30 AM and will end at 11:30 AM.
- Meyerhoff Chemistry Building, Room 120
- Registration and Seating
- Welcome & Greetings
- Justine Johnson, Associate Director, Meyerhoff Graduate Fellows Program
- Executive Board, UMBC Graduate Student Association
- Funding and Elements of the Graduate School Application (GRE, Statement of Purpose, Letters)
- Renetta G. Tull, Associate Vice Provost for Graduate Student Development & Postdoctoral Affairs, Director of PROMISE: Maryland’s Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate (AGEP)
- Graduate School Perspectives: A Panel of current M.S. and Ph.D. scholars
- Panelists: Jesse Fox (Biology), Brittny Davis (Chemistry), Deborah Gimma (Biochemistry), Lathiena Manning (Biology) and Alan Alfano (MMED/UMB)
- Keynote Address: President Freeman A. Hrabowski
- Evaluations and Adjourn
This program is open to anyone who is interested in learning more about UMBC and the graduate admissions process. The graduate school preparation material is applicable to most U.S. institutions. Faculty and staff may invite prospective students to this event. Visitors from out-of-town are welcome to attend.
Undergraduate and master’s students from schools within the University System of Maryland have a special invitation to attend. We also invite students from all summer programs within the region, and students who are either local or will travel the distance to learn more about graduate school.
(Students from UMBC should RSVP here by logging into MyUMBC and clicking the green "I can attend" button below.)